Anonymous confirms the attacks on Greek Police and Government sites and warns for more
Last night as riots were taking place in Greece, many Greek high-profile websites have been taken down by anonymous. The official channel of anonymous news [email protected] announce that police, government political and political party’s websites where tango down. A word used by military when eliminating a target.
No data has leaked or any website has reported to actually been hacked until now. All the attacks took place using anonymous’ own Denial-of-service attack (DDoS) tool. Specifically, Anonymous used their old favorite DDoS tools: Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC) and High Orbit Ion Cannon (HOIC).
The websites that taken down last night included a Major TV channel, the Greek Prime Minister, the National Police, the Ministry of Finance, the Greek Parliament and the Minister of finance Evangelos Venizelos (personal site).
- http://www.gak.gr/ DOWN 5:55pm GMT
- http://www.primeminister.gov.gr/ Official site of Greece Prime minister Down 10:!2PM GMT
- http://www.astynomia.gr Greece Police Official site DOWN 10:17PM GMT
- http://www.hellenicpolice.gr/ DOWN 10:25PM GMT
- http://www.evenizelos.gr/ Greek Minister of Finance personal site DOWN 11:11PM GMT
- http://www.minfin.gr Ministry of Finance official site Down 11:1PM GMT
- http://www.ydt.gr/ Hellenic Republic Ministry of Citizen Protection DOWN 11:19PM GMT
- http://www.mod.gr/ Ministry of Defence DOWN 11:28PM GMT)
- http://www.hellenicparliament.gr/ Hellenic Parliament DOWN 11:30PM GMT
- http://nd.gr/ New Democracy Political party website DOWN 11:52PM GMT)
- http://pasok.gr/ Panhellenic Socialist Movement political party PASOK in Greece DOWN 11:59PM GMT
- http://government.gov.gr/ Official Greece government website down 1:08PM GMT
The offcial statement from anonymous :
The Greek parliament has finally approved an enormously unpopular bill on Monday to secure a second EU/IMF bailout and avoid national bankruptcy, despite buildings being set ablaze in central Athens against it.
No more IMF! Stop the intervention in greek sovereignty.
If you don’t give Democracy a chance, you should Expect Us!
A video was also uploaded on YouTube during the riots from anonymous and reported via twitter @AnonOpsSweden
Update 2:03PM GMT
Anonymous official channel announced that more attacks are coming a couple of minutes ago via twitter.
Anonymous launched more attacks last night on Greece government websites.
- http://www.nbg.gr/ (Greece National Bank DOWN 6:20PM GMT)
- http://www.cpapoutsis.gr/ (Christos Papoutsis Minister of citizen protection DOWN 6:8PM GMT)
- http://presidency.gr/ (Greek Democracy DOWn 7:20PM GMT)
- http://www.yyka.gov.gr/(Minister of health Down 7:25PM GMT)